Run PowerShell Scripts Remotely
With Action1, you can assist your colleagues remotely and run scripts on multiple endpoints without connecting to them or enabling remote PowerShell.
To run a PowerShell script:
- Navigate to the Managed Endpoints page.
- Locate one or several endpoints where you want to execute a script and select More Actions / Run PowerShell.
Alternatively, select the Actions icon next to the endpoint name and specify Run PowerShell. Or click New Action on top of the page and select Run PowerShell from the drop-down list.
To create a workflow that executes a script according to a preset schedule, select New Policy. For more information, see Staying Compliant with Policies.
Complete the wizard:
1. On the Run PowerShell step, enter the command. Insert environmental variables if necessary and define exit codes.
2. On the Select Endpoints step, check the list of endpoints. Select Add Endpoints to include more endpoints. Action1 enables you to pick endpoints individually, or you can specify an entire endpoint group.
3. On the Schedule step, review your action and pick the right time to execute it. For example, you can force the script execution immediately or postpone it. Once ready, click Finish.
4. After clicking Finish, you’ll find yourself on the Actions / History page. Here you’ll see the execution details. If you opted not to execute your action yet, you’ll find it awaiting for you on the Actions / Scheduled page.