Action1 IT management software & monitoring tools enable you to organize your endpoints into groups. A group a sub-set of managed endpoints within an organization. Add your endpoints to these groups and manage them with more precision. For example, divide your devices based on the operating system, by importance, by asset type, etc. Action1 enables you to create automation policies and run actions on the entire group simultaneously.
Groups or Endpoints List?
In the Endpoints dashboard, you’ll see all endpoints for your organization. There you can invoke actions and specify applicable endpoints. Groups allow you to review endpoints you explicitly organized together. You can manage them as a single entity, for example:
- Run actions
- Create policies for the entire group
Configuring a New Group
- On the Endpoints page, select + Create Group, then provide a name and description and select Create.
- Specify rules to automatically add endpoints to this group. Select Add Criteria and choose one of these options. Note: You can always add endpoints manually.
- Operating System: pick an OS. For example, you can include all Windows Server 2019 endpoints.
- Endpoint Name: provide a name or use a wildcard . For example, you can include all endpoints which names start with TEST.
- IP Address: add one or more IP addresses, or a range.
The endpoints matching all these conditions will be automatically included in the group. For example, you can automatically add endpoints that start with WKS-TEST, run on Windows 10, and are within the 220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168 IP range. Additionally, you can add as many endpoints as you need manually even if they don’t match these rules.
Alternatively, define endpoints that should be excluded by default. You can create complicated criteria sets to distinguish endpoints and assign them to groups. To customize your group, select Group Settings.
Adding Endpoints One-by-One
- Navigate to the group page.
- Select Add Endpoints.
- Specify endpoints from the list and select Add.
Removing Endpoints from Group
Action1 enables you to re-arrange your groups within an organization. There are several ways to remove an endpoint from a group:
- If you have added an endpoint manually, select Actions next to it and pick Remove from Group.
- If the endpoint matches the group criteria, you should either update Group Settings or add this endpoint to the excluded list by selecting Actions / Exclude from Group.
Note: Removing an endpoint from a group doesn’t disconnect it from the Action1 Cloud. You can always see all connected endpoints on the Endpoints page.