Run Commands Remotely
With Action1, you can execute commands, run apps, and orchestrate maintenance updates on multiple remote machines at once.
To run a command remotely:
- Navigate to the Managed Endpoints page.
- Locate one or several endpoints where you want to run a command and select More Actions / Run Command.
Or click New Action on top of the page and select Run Command from the drop-down list.
Complete the wizard:
1. On the Run Command step, enter the CMD syntax as you would inpit into teh command prompt. Insert environmental variables if necessary.
2. On the Select Endpoints step, check the list of endpoints. Select Add Endpoints to include more endpoints. Action1 enables you to pick endpoints individually, or you can specify a criteria such as Windows Server 2019 or Windows Desktop OS.
3. On the Schedule step, review your action and pick the right time to execute it. For example, you can execute the command immediately, save it for later or run regularly according to a schedule. Once ready, click Finish.
4. After clicking Finish, you’ll find yourself on the Actions / History page. Here you’ll see the execution details. If you opted not to execute your action yet, you’ll find it awaiting for you on the Actions / Scheduled page.