Run Commands Remotely
With the Action1 command prompt tool, you can run cmd scripts on multiple managed endpoints. Remote command execution on Windows devices enables you to assist employees and manage servers while working from home or from another office branch. Take advantage of the Action1 remote cmd prompt and execute scripts, run apps, and orchestrate maintenance updates on multiple remote machines at once.
To run a command remotely:
- Navigate to the Endpoints page.
- Locate one or several endpoints where you want to run a command and select More Actions / Run Command.
Alternatively, select the Action1 icon next to the endpoint and select Run Command. You can also enable Windows remote command prompt by clicking New Action on top of the page and selecting Run Command from the drop-down list.
To create a workflow that executes a CMD script on remote computers according to a preset schedule, select New Policy. For more information, see Staying Compliant with Policies.
Complete the wizard:
1. On the Run Command step, enter a script you want to execute with the remote cmd prompt. Insert environmental variables if necessary. Provide success exit codes.
2. On the Select Endpoints step, check the list of endpoints. Select Add Endpoints to include more endpoints. Action1 enables you to pick endpoints individually, or you can run the script against the entire endpoint group.
3. On the Schedule step, review your action and pick the right time to execute it. For example, you can execute the command immediately, or save it for later, or run regularly according to a schedule. Once ready, click Finish.
4. After clicking Finish, you’ll find yourself on the Actions / History page. Here you’ll see the execution details. If you opted-in to execute the action later, you can find it on the Actions / Schedules page.