Whenever you are faced with Windows 10's automatic update notification like:
-Install updates automatically
-Download Updates but choose when to install them
-Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them
What would you do? Here, we have the following solutions.
This How To shows the way to disable Windows update
1. Solution 1. Disable Windows Update Service. Open services.msc:- Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2. Double-click Windows Update:- Scroll down to Windows Update, and double-click it.
3. In Startup type, select Disabled:- In Startup type, select Disabled. Then click Apply and OK to save the settings.
4. Solution 2. Change the Setting of the Group Policy Editor:- The Group Policy feature is not available in the Home edition. So, only when you run Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, or Education, you can use the Group Policy Editor to change the settings to prevent Windows 10 from automatically updating. The group policy editor will notify you of new updates without automatically installing them.
5. Solution 3. Meter Your Network Connection:- 1. Click the Start button at the bottom left on your desktop, then click the Settings app.
6. Click WiFi:- Click WiFi in the left pane, then click the name of your Wi-Fi connection.
7. Click to turn on Set as metered connection:- Click to turn on Set as metered connection.
8. Solution 4. Change the way of Windows 10 Updates Using Registry:
Also consider using Action1 to disable Windows 10 Update if:
- You need to perform this action on multiple (hundreds or even thousands) computers simultaneously.
- Some of your endpoints are laptops not connected to corporate network at all times.