This HOWTO helps you to enable the built-in administrator account when logging in to Windows 10 is not possible.
1. Reboot Windows:- On the login screen, click on the “power” button shown at the bottom right, then hold Shift and click “Restart”.
2. Open Command Prompt:- Windows Recovery Environment will boot. Go to “Troubleshooting” - “Advanced Settings” - “Command Prompt”.
3. Enter an account password:- You will need to enter an account password to run the command line. This time the input should work (if the password you remember is correct).
4. Enter command:- At the command prompt, type: net user Administrator / active: yes
5. Reboot Windows again:Close the command prompt and restart the computer (or click "Continue. Exit and use Windows 10").
Also consider using Action1 to enable the built-in administrator account if:
- You need to perform this action on multiple (hundreds or even thousands) computers simultaneously.
- Some of your endpoints are laptops not connected to corporate network at all times.