When adding a new account in Windows, a profile is automatically created for the account that contains your various settings for this user. All these profile settings are stored in the folder with the name of the user you created on the local drive C: \ in the Users folder (C: \ Users \).
Very often system errors begin to appear, but to solve them does not come out for a long time, and if you log in to the system under a different user - everything goes like clockwork. Of course, you can continue to search for the root of the problem in the user profile settings, but you can save everything you need from the profile folder => delete this folder and create the user profile again. Some kind of reset account profile settings.
The profile folder stores browser settings, screen savers, settings for other programs, the desktop, documents folder, etc. It is advisable to copy the folder before deleting and, if necessary, extract the necessary one. You cannot delete the user profile under which you are logged in, you must first create another account with administrator rights or enable the built-in account, then go under it and delete the profile of the desired user.
In this article, we will see how to delete a profile for a user account without deleting the account itself. This will allow you to reset all preferences and settings for all apps and Windows for a specific user.
Note: This article doesn't explain how to delete a user account. Instead, we will see how to reset a user account's data by deleting its profile.
1. Firstly Open Advanced System Properties Window
Press Win + R hotkeys on the keyboard. The Run dialog will appear on the screen. Type the following into the text box and press Enter:
2. Secondly Move to User Profiles sectionAdvanced System Properties will open. There, click on the Settings button in the User Profiles section.
3. The Next Step Is Selecting the Profile and DeletingIn the User Profiles window, select the profile of the user account and click the Delete button.
4. The Last Action Is to Confirm the DeletingConfirm the request, and the profile of the user account will now be deleted.
5. Manual Way to Delete a User Profile in Windows 10.Open File Explorer. Go to the folder C:\Users and look for the user name which you want to delete. The appropriate folder contains everything related to the user profile, so you just need to delete this folder.
6. Then Open Registry Editor WindowUse Win+R and type command
regedit. Push the Enter button.
7. Find the Following Registry keyGo to the following Registry key.
8. Remove the Deleted Profile's SubkeyOn the left, go through the subkeys. For each subkey, look for the value data of the ProfileImagePath string value. Once you find the one which points to the deleted user profile, remove it.
Also consider using Action1 to delete user profile if: