The user can create tasks or manage tasks on a remote computer using the task scheduler user interface for connecting to a remote computer. When this is necessary to know the name or IP-address of the computer which you want to connect. This howto helps to create scheduled task remotely
1. To create and manage a job on a remote computer using the Windows interface:- Run Task Scheduler if it is not already running.
2. Connect to another computer:- Make sure that the Task Scheduler node is selected in the console tree. In the Actions pane, click Connect to another computer. The Select Computer dialog box appears.
3. Select the Other computer:- In the Select Computer dialog box, select the Other computer option.
4. Enter the name or IP address of the remote compute:- Enter the name or IP address of the remote computer in the text box next to the Other computer switch or click the Browse button to find the remote computer.
5. Enter the required username and password:- (Optional) When connecting to a remote computer, you can use the credentials of another user. Check the Connect as another user box and click the Select User button. Enter the required username and password.
6. Click OK:- After you select a remote computer, click OK in the Select Computer dialog box.
7. You are connected to a remote computer:- You are connected to a remote computer. Now you can create tasks or manage tasks (start, end, activate, disable, create, delete, view, import and export tasks) on a remote computer in the same way as if the task scheduler was connected to a local computer.
8. Create and manage a task on a remote computer using the command line:- Open a command prompt. To do this, on the Start menu, push Windows+R and typy: cmd.exe
9. Use the Schtasks.exe tool:- To create a task or manage it, use the Schtasks.exe tool, specifying the name or IP address of the remote computer to which you want to connect - in the / S system argument, the user name used to connect to the remote computer - in the / u username argument, and the password The corresponding username is in the / P argument of the password. To get help on using the Schtasks.exe tool, enter one of the following commands:
Also consider using Action1 to create scheduled task remotely if:
- You need to perform this action on multiple (hundreds or even thousands) computers simultaneously.
- Some of your endpoints are laptops not connected to corporate network at all times.